html> Lostvestige: A Walk Downtown in the Fog

A Walk Downtown in the Fog

Last weekend I went with my mom and my sister to watch the Christmas parade downtown. We got there a little early and walked up and down the streets, checking out the old buildings. It's interesting to see all the old buildings mixed in with the new ones.




This used to be a woolworths. A historic sit-in occurred here  February 8th, 1960. (My Future birthday!)  Sadly this place is abandoned now.

It's crazy how many old buildings you pass by, not knowing what history they hold. I'm always intrigued by the older buildings in my town and want to know as much as I can about what they used to be.


The Reynolds building has festive red and green lights at night.  It was the prototype for the Empire state building, and apparently every year the staff at the empire state building send a Father's day card to the staff at the Reynolds building. How cute!


After the parade we stopped into Mooney's Mediterranean Cafe for some falafel and fresh pita.

We've always been big hummus fans, (Steven and I have had it every day for lunch at work since I started there seven weeks ago.... Seriously) But none of use had ever had falafel before, it was SO good and now I'm pretty sure I am a big Mediterranean food fan. I can't wait to go back and try some more dishes!

After dinner we finally checked out Camino Bakery after drooling over their instagram pictures for months. We shared a delicious slice of ammareto cheesecake which I promptly forgot to take a picture of! Oh well, it's somewhere in the above shot..




We had so much fun wandering the city streets in the fog. When I was younger all I wanted to do was move away from here and go anywhere else, but now I have grown quite found of my little city.  

Labels: , , , ,